How to teach online with your kids at home!

Okay, we're doing this. Teachers everywhere have been asked to carry on with their classes in "alternate modalities" to help reduce the spread of Covid-19. Some folks on Twitter have noted that we are not teaching online - we are doing something else.
So, we teachers are responding to this global pandemic the best we can. At the same time our dear children are home too because their schools have closed as well. I know I have brought my kids to my campus office on those days when they are out and I'm not (e.g., President's Day, spring break EVERY YEAR is scheduled the week after mine, etc.) and it hasn't been pretty. I usually spend the next days after that peeling sticking notes off of every surface and erasing the mildly offensive drawings from the whiteboard in my office.

So, I am a bit worried about this new experiment where we are all in the same space for weeks on end and I'm trying to facilitate a learning experience for my students. For example, I started this post two days ago and got sidetracked by everything. Here are my goals right now:

1. Get these kids moving, either outside in our backyard or inside on GoNoodle or something.
2. Post a short lesson for my college students to engage with.

And, that's all I'm going to shoot for right now.

Comments

Popular Posts